Customer Success Manager
An Aptly Customer Success Manager is responsible for the implementation, training, satisfaction and engagement of our subscribers. The CSM is ultimately responsible for making sure subscribers are constantly realizing the value of their Aptly subscription, ultimately driving adoption and outcomes leading to renewals, expansion, and advocacy. It’s a great opportunity for candidates that have SaaS Customer Success or Account Manager experience to break into the real estate industry with a dynamic start-up that is gaining great traction. The CSM is a member of the Sales organization and reports directly to the VP of Sales.
Your Daily Activities Include
- Lead all post-sales activities for Aptly’s customers through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning, and execution.
- Act as the customer’s trusted adviser and provide ongoing proactive support via phone, email and web meetings throughout the customer life cycle to drive value and deepen relationships.
- Act as the voice of the customer within Aptly. As the owner of the customer relationship, the CSM is expected to work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering to ensure customer value is embedded in everything we do.
- Develop a positive, trusted relationship with your customers by demonstrating Aptly’s ongoing value.
- Establish and oversee the customer’s adoption, training, and development of best practices to continually drive incremental value and return on the customer’s investment.
- Identify key customer advocates that can support marketing efforts through case studies, speaking opportunities, references, etc.
- Conduct Monthly Success Reviews and identify engagement opportunities and areas for Aptly’s product to evolve around the customer’s needs.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions and speak with customers about the most meaningful features/functionality for their specific business needs.
- Manage customer escalations by documenting open issues, facilitating regular status meetings and working cross-functionally to resolution.
- Recognize, quantify and prioritize user patterns and issues.
- Track accounts to identify churn risks and work proactively to mitigate those risks.
About the Team
The Customer Success team is at the core of Aptly’s company foundation. We focus on driving real business impact for customers, not just supporting the technical specs of our product. CSMs are expected to be experts on our solution and solution consultants. This team is focused on solving each customer’s unique challenges by leveraging the best practices of Aptly. This team works as ambassadors to cross-functional stakeholders from product, marketing, and even engineering for customers. The ownership is tangible on this team- our customer’s pain is our pain and their win is our win.
About the Company
Aptly is multifamily’s first CRM powered by artificial intelligence designed to optimize the resident experience, streamline communication and make property management teams more efficient. Aptly unifies resident and property data into one actionable, shared workspace. The result is increased productivity, smarter/faster resident interaction and more converted leads.
Aptly was founded in 2017 by a team of property tech SaaS entrepreneurs who built and scaled single family’s first cloud property management platform. Working with leading brands in both single and multifamily real estate, the Aptly team has in-depth industry knowledge and expertise. Headquartered in San Francisco, Aptly has embraced the remote work culture, with team members in San Diego, Buenos Aires, Las Vegas, Dallas and beyond. Aptly is integrated with leading property management and email platforms such as Yardi, RealPage, Office365 and Google Apps. Aptly is proudly backed by Accel Ventures, Slack Fund and C-Level executives from Facebook, Salesforce.com and Twilio.
Our Vision of You
You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in Customer Success, Sales, Support/Service or customer facing roles.
- Excellent listener and problem solver capable of recommending solutions to customer requests and technical issues.
- Real passion for providing top-notch account management.
- Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, and written communication skills.
- Familiarity working with customers of all sizes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to track numerous details.
- Desire to work in a dynamic startup where your input is desired to help craft our offerings and how we interact with clients.
- Knowledge of the multifamily industry and the challenges within a management office
- Understanding communication tools like Outlook/MS Exchange, Gmail, SMS and IVRs
- Clear communicator with excellent writing skills
- Comfortable creating content that will be used in training materials and presentations
- Experience implementing a CRM solution
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Included medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible vacation schedules (we encourage it too)
- Work remotely…so long as you have a decent internet connection and a quiet place
- Fun company and team outings because we also believe in getting together periodically
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- Sane work schedules so you don’t burnout
- Transparency to feel like you are really part of growing the business